Δευτέρα 6 Απριλίου 2020

"I love teaching, but I don't love being a teacher anymore."


I'm an education student and teaching has always been a passion of mine since I was little. I don't see myself in any career path but only a teacher. I took inspiration from my mom, who patiently taught me, and sparked the flame to follow in her footsteps. But lately it's been a test of character and faith. Even my mom would like to resign and work in an office because as a teacher, your work doesn't end once you leave the classroom. You think about your students, paoerworks, admin 24/7 and for the price of less than a thousand dollars for salary.
I've been on this dilemma lately. I love teaching, I love that kids have learned something because of me, but I don't think teaching will feed my family. I don't think teaching will help me grow financially. I don't think teaching will build the future I've wanted, not just for myself, but for my family as well.
I hope the government hears our call, because I fear that no one would want to be a teacher anymore.

Music Teacher. I normally go through 2-3 music literacy units by winter break. We're still on the FIRST UNIT this year. They can't act like civilized human beings long enough to accomplish anything. I'm not young nor inexperienced. 12 years, MA+45, and NBCT. I KNOW what I'm doing and I'm very good at it. 3 years ago I thought I would do this forever. Now, I can't wait to go home. I spend more time managing behavior than teaching. Blatant defiance, kids lying and stealing, constant bullying. I've never had kids behave like this. We used to have so much fun and now if we even try to do anything fun they can't handle it.





Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου